Posted by Wrenbury Hall | Aug 07 2017
Nothing says celebration quite like one of the world’s most famous brands of bubbly, Champagne Laurent-Perrier. As the largest independent, family-led champagne house, you’d be hard pressed to find another drink that encapsulates the spirit of special occasions, love and family quite like Laurent-Perrier. We would know; in the luxurious surroundings of Wrenbury Hall’s Laurent-Perrier bar, wedding celebrations have been made that bit sweeter by happy couples and loved ones clinking glasses of the iconic tipple, from the classic Ultra Brut to the fruity Cuveé Rosé.
Here, Laurent-Perrier gives us 10 top tips on how to serve, preserve and enjoy the eponymous champagne at your wedding:
1) The best way to chill champagne is with an ice bucket. Make sure the water and ice cover all the way up to the neck and leave it to chill for a minimum of 45 minutes.
2) The ideal temperature to serve champagne is between 8-10°c, a little warmer for their prestige cuvées and Laurent-Perrier Vintage.
3) There are roughly 6 glasses per 75cl bottle of champagne, so plan for approximately 2-3 glasses per person or one bottle between two. It’s a good idea to factor in a couple of extra bottles just in case you have some particularly ardent Laurent-Perrier fans amongst you!
4) Add some extra sparkle to your big day with quarter or half bottles. They’re the perfect size for party favours, place-cards or as a little bit of fun for the bridal party ahead of the main event.
5) For a gift that is truly personal, why not try an engraved bottle? It’s an elegant and thoughtful way to add a personal touch. Even when empty, larger format bottles make a nice reminder of a fantastic day.
6) Grand Siècle by Laurent-Perrier is a blend of the finest grapes from the best parcels of land and vintages. An ideal gift for a wine connoisseur or the bride/groom to be!
7) Laurent-Perrier Cuveé Rosé isn’t just for dessert; why not try it with roast lamb, with duck, or perhaps as a special surprise for the top table!
8) It’s sadly a myth that a spoon in the bottle will keep champagne sparkling, but thanks to a few professional bottle stoppers, you can be sure your champagne will stay fresh from the first to the last glass.
9) If you’re planning to go through quite a few bottles, why not invest in a few magnums? The neck of a magnum is the same size as the neck of a 75cl bottle, so there is the same amount of air in the bottle for twice the amount of liquid stored. The lower air to wine ratio helps the wine mature more slowly, creating a uniquely fresh and brilliant experience.
10) A coupe glass is always a chic option but if you want to keep your champagne sparkling for as long as possible, opt for a flute. A tulip-shaped glass is ideal as it has less surface area to let out the bubbles, but more space for the fresh, red-fruit aromas of Laurent-Perrier Cuveé Rosé to reach you.
For more information on our Laurent-Perrier bar, call the team on 01270 781198 or email email@example.com
Your wedding is in safe hands at Wrenbury Hall.
Wrenbury Hall is an outstanding wedding venue and everyone was very accommodating to our needs.
Our wedding coordinators were excellent and went above and beyond to help us plan our wedding.
From the first time I stepped into Wrenbury Hall I was blown away by the rooms, staff and overall look of the building.
We had the most perfect wedding day at Wrenbury Hall.
My husband and I were married New Year’s Eve last year and it was the most amazing day we could have asked for.