Pick the Perfect Bunch
Posted by: Wrenbury Hall | Dec 13, 2016
The passionate, bespoke floral design experts at ‘The Flower Divas’ gave us an exclusive insight into the do’s and don’ts when it comes to getting your wedding flowers. No matter how high or low down on your list planning the flowers comes, we know that they really can make all the difference and therefore, we hope these top tips help make your wedding that extra bit special!
- Book your florist local to your venue. This means you will not be paying extra for transport costs.
- Always make an appointment to see your chosen florist. They will already be working a 6-day week with weddings most weekends and is unlikely to be able to cater to your needs without warning.
- Take images of any ideas you have seen, florists will not expect you to know all the names of the flowers required so pictures help with descriptions.
- Colours schemes, do take material swatches with you to explain your exact colour. This helps to make flower choices.
- Quantities, total up a general number of table centres, bridesmaids, groomsmen and pew ends etc. to save time at the consultation.
- Pick a colour palette over ‘must have’ flowers if you’re watching your pennies, your florist will always be able to work your realistic budget.
- Re-use your ceremony flowers at your reception. This way you could spend more on the flowers you really want as they will do double duty.
- Tight budget- stick to monochromatic as it looks more organised and packs in the wow factor.
- Give your florist something to work with in the terms of a budget, you wouldn’t buy a car without discussing how much you have to spend.
- Generally, aim for 10-15% of your overall wedding costs on flowers. Florists are creative people but not miracle workers!